The Palm House in Vienna’s Burggarten, the green oasis in the middle of Vienna, is an exclusive summer location with historical flair.
The Glass House is a jewel from the time of the Habsburg dynasty with architectural elements from late historicism, baroque and art nouveau. Ludwig von Remy built a “classicist greenhouse” in the Burggarten from 1823 to 1826.
This greenhouse was demolished at the turn of the century and replaced by court architect W. Friedrich Ohmann with the new glass house with its well-known Art Nouveau ornamentation.
A general renovation was carried out from 1996 to 1998. The right wing is used by the Austrian Federal Gardens as a greenhouse/winter garden and is used for stylish events in the summer months.